Thursday, November 3, 2016

Chaeyoung Son/Task 4.2 & 4.4/Thursday 1-3pm

4.2

I haven't slept for several days, I felt heavy when closed my eyes. The blare of car horns and a cackle of laughter came from between the chattering teeth were mixed then reached my ears. But I couldn't say who exactly said what because I dozed off. It was the weekday morning, so middle-age women's voices flooded the café. I didn't hear the voice of children or teenagers. A sound of coffee machine was faintly heard. The aroma of coffee greeted my nose suddenly. The coffee was on my desk, in front of me, but I was not sure the smell was from mine. Maybe a smell of coffee filled the whole café. The cushion on my sofa was covered with silk. It could be velvet or different types of fabrics but felt like silk. But it wasn't soft and fluffy. Impulsively I reached out and took the coffee cup on my desk. It was already lukewarm. I had a quick swill of Americano. Its taste was stronger than brewed coffee so my forehead knotted in a frown. It had a burn and pucker taste.

 

I went to the outdoor cafe near my house. After reading my writing, I noticed my writing is very unkind. It is a fragmentary report of an event. I need to describe a sensation more abundantly like using metaphor.

 

4.4

classroom

Empty, wall, desks, picture drawn in chalk on the blackboard

sound of footsteps, breathing,

smell of dust

dry, windy

The classroom was empty but for me and the boy. We were just watching each other without saying a word. I was sitting in silence, it felt really awkward. The classroom was so quiet that not even a breath was heard. To break the ice, I looked away and watched the interior of classroom. The white curtains fluttered in the breeze and it looked like a ghost. All the curtains in class are floating was spectacular scenery. A pleasant breeze brushed past my face and my hair played on shoulders. Someone was walking over my grave. I flashed him a glance then shifted gaze towards to the foreground. A blackboard was covered with a mass of scribbles and notices. Like "Chaemin has to return books in two days" or "I want to eat some mangooooooooooooo L!". It was probably a week since someone last cleaned the blackboard. And also the bullentin board. It covered all over with the massive amount of paper and colourful memo pads. Suddenly, there were sounds of shoes. We quickly pressed ourselves against the wall to the corridor. The wall that I stood with back was freezing cold. And I stretched out my hand, it touched a rough wall. My mouth felt completely dry and my palms were soaked in sweat. Then the window above us was opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment