Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Jaeyoung Choi/ Task 4.2 & 4.4/ Thursday 1-3pm

4.2

 

I was home sitting in front of my desk. I close my eyes and the only thought that runs my mind is the comfortableness that surrounds me. I can hear the buzzing sound of the refrigerator and the dripping sound of the dishwasher. There are people passing by my house, I could hear them talking and laughing. It sounded as if they were having lots of fun. Before closing my eyes, I had done the laundry so the smell of the clean clothes is all over my house. The smell reminds me of my house back in Guatemala. Also, there is some preheated kimchi stew on the stove, and the smell mixed with the clothing smell that it has caused the environment to become even more like home. The taste of the stew is salty and in a way creamy because of the pork that has been dissolving its grease to the soup. It is delicious. I can't believe that the stew is so good that tastes as if my mother herself prepared it to my brother and I. My feet are warning because of the heating floor, but I still can feel a small breeze of cold air hitting my legs because of the open window. It is very comfortable. It is very quite and peaceful. Now I can refer to this place as my second home.

 

4.4

 

·      Sight: Glamping restaurant in Itaewon. Cozy but fancy environment at the same time.

·      Sound: Sizzling sound of the meat and boiling pasta noodles and steam of the crab. Walkie-Talkies of the workers communicating about the places of the reservations for each guest.

·      Smell: Meat and Seafood. The burning carbon smell is very strong and fills the outside of the restaurant.

·      Touch: A very soft pillow to seat.

·      Taste: Delicious salty meat and steamed seafood. The pasta and risotto is cooked to perfection, not so salty and not undercooked.

 

It was all a new experience to me. My best friend had planned her birthday dinner reunion at this place called Glamping. I guess the meaning of the name is glamorous but with a camping environment. The place had a very cozy environment because as we got into the restaurant we could feel the barbeque smell surrounding us. It was very warm inside the restaurant. We were seated on big pillows on the floor. As soon as we sat, because a yellow light is pointing direct to us, we grab our phones and start taking selfies. We chat and fool around by making funny faces and remembering the old times back in Guatemala. The food takes a long time to cook. I think we waited like twenty minutes for them to bring us the food. It was worth waiting. The food was delicious. I remember that as soon as we try the risotto all of us fall in love with it. We ate so fast that when the rest of the food came, our table was quite because of all of the chewing. After eating, we take some more pictures and later on we decide that this place would be our place for every upcoming birthday. It was a very pleasant experience. 

2 comments:

  1. 201502643 Lee Ji Won

    The description of your room was detailed using various senses. Plus I think you were good at showing rather than telling. To express your mind that your room is like the house in Guatemala, you didn't just say "My room is like a house in Guatemala." Rather, you showed us by writing sentences such as "the smell of the clean clothes is all over my house. The smell reminds me of my house back in Guatemala." or "there is some preheated kimchi stew on the stove, and the smell mixed with the clothing smell that it has caused the environment to become even more like home."
    It was very effective!

    To comment about your next writing, I felt like it was more like an explanation of what was going on on your friend's birthday. I think it would be better to focus on some more details of the place itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first description of your home conveys a snug, peaceful air of the place. I liked how you described different senses- I especially enjoyed reading the part about the smell of food; it made my mouth water! If you were to improve this work, I think you can consider using some figurative languages- your use of language in the description was very straightforward.

    The same advice above goes for your next piece of work, too. It was hard to see it as a descriptive writing. To improve it, you could focus on describing the senses you felt. It would be better to include the list of senses you wrote above, in your writing.

    ----
    201502398 Subin Lee

    ReplyDelete