Saturday, November 5, 2016

Hyelin Hwang/Task 4.2 & 4.4/Thursday 1-3pm

Task 4.2

Gathered Information : sounds from tv, someone is moving, closed door, shower, sounds of cooking, stuttering, tasty smells

 It was almost dinner time. I seated on the dining table chair. At first, I noticed that such an uptempo dance music was being flowed from the television on the left side. It continued constantly in small sound. On the right side, I sensed my mothers' presence. She was taking something out from the refrigerator. The door closed heavily and there was silence for a moment. I wondered what was happening so I focused on the senses moreover. Suddenly I could hear a shower of water. I imagined she washes something. The spray just stopped and a kitchen knife pounded cutting board, through the solid subject. And then something was stuttered. Maybe she turned on the gas stove. In a few minutes, the entire house was full of delicious smells. It was little bit salty and savory. Something was sizzling and another was bubbling. My mouth was watering. I could not take it anymore and opened my eyes.

 

 

Task 4.4

Sight : Crowded people, Fanlights, Lasers, Flames, Confetti
Sound : Huge sound, Beats, Screams, Shouting,
Smell : smoky, air conditioner, sweat
Touch : high temperature, sticky, sweat, heart beating faster, Beats echoed my whole body

 When I entered, people more than ten thousands were already inside and kept their seats. Advertisements were constantly replayed on the big screen. It was at the end of the summer and the indoor gymnasium was too hot.
Everyone was drenched with sweat and fan themselves by hand or handy electric fan. A light breeze rarely comes from air conditioner was a ray of hope. Everything was sticky when I touched with such as others skin and seats. Soon, commercials were cut off. Instead a video played, which announces the watching etiquettes and emergency exits. It meant the show would be started in a minute. Shortly the lights went down and some of the boy groups' low tempo songs were echoed in the entire stadium. Audiences turned on their fan lights and started to sing along the songs. The atmosphere of anticipation was expanded. At least, even the song was stopped. All the lights were turned off. The hall became a night sky with glittering star lights. My heart beat harder and harder, faster and faster.

 An LED screen on the main stage split in half. A truss from the top moved down and the boy group stood there. They came down with a huge thunderous screams which resounded the entire gym. They performed their big hit song at the opening. The song was based on grand electric guitar riff, grounded and roared magnificently and sent a shiver up my spine. Beats echoed my whole body. Laser beams and flames heated up the show. During three and half hours the boy group sung and danced passionately, fans chanted to the rhythm enthusiastically. Singing an encore, the show ended with silvery confetti. I was completely burned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment