Sunday, October 2, 2016

Chaeyoung Son/First draft/ Thursday 1-3pm

I was woken up to the sound of alarm, it was already 6 am. Bright melody and a little cool weather made me dally in the bed. I just thought to let myself sleep 5 more minutes, but I decided to take a shower and go to school in time. I had to enter mathematical formulas to silence alarm. [ sin² θ + cos² θ =?] [1]! I took hot shower lauguidly and didn't recognize that I was exceeded time because hot water was felt like a blanket. I had skipped the breakfast and run to the bus stop, but the bus already took off. Next bus came in 15 minutes. Arriving at 7 am is my goal, but I could get to school at a quarter past 7. Although I didn't arrive at the hour arranged, our school begins at 9 am, there is no one at the school door.

To reach my class, I had to pass other classrooms. There was just one boy when I kept looking sideways. I wondered why nobody was in my friend's class so brought my face toward the class window. Soon, there was a scream ahead of me. I looked front with surprise, but nothing was to be seen in the hall except the sound. That kept me on the edge of my seat, so I could not move. Suddenly, a man with navy clothes popped out from the forward class door. When I wasn't giving an accurate picture, the man moved again, I saw a girl. The man bounded her with his hands so she was hindered her mobility They were unaware of my existence and the man tried to face to the bathroom with the poor girl. Primal fear of the moment, a cry escaped my lips and the strange man found me. Then he came to me to shout down. The phone in my hand was way off the map and what's even worse I couldn't move. My screams drew the boy I saw a moment ago to corridor. Seeing the puzzled look on the man's face, then he right ran a way. The school imposed a ban on coming into school early and put a gag on witnesses. Teachers and only our 3 students knew about this incident.

I wasn't injured or traumatised by that accident but this is the memory that I remember clearly. Because I thought the chance of that morning changed the result. If I hadn't missed a bus, I might've become a victim of that accident.



3 comments:

  1. Your writing is attractive to read me and when I read your story,I can imagine how terrified you were there but you were in good luck on that day.I like your writing despite I didn't see the scene of terrible accident,I can feel terrified of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is attractive to read me and when I read your story,I can imagine how terrified you were there but you were in good luck on that day.I like your writing despite I didn't see the scene of terrible accident,I can feel terrified of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was close, wasn't it? I'm so glad that you can imagine that way! I was in great anxiety because you couldn't distinguish my word.

      201501670 chaeyoung son

      Delete