Monday, October 17, 2016

Jung Aa Ahn / Task 3.3 and 3.4 / Thursday 1-3pm

3.3.3

The writer's use of metaphor reminded me of a suspense or a mystery novel. After reading the first paragraph, I thought the man would be just a friend of the writer. The second paragraph, especially the parts like where the writer used the term "big shower" to describe the person made me think that the man might be her father, or at least a fatherly figure. The writing was in general, extremely poetic. I enjoyed reading it, but thought at the same time that the writer used too many metaphors - to the extent where it may confuse the readers, who does not have any background information.


3.4.1

My sister is a bucket of ice.
My mother is the coffee, and my father is the jug.
My friend is an hard-boiled egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment