Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sol Lee/ First Draft/ Thurs 1~3 P.M.

 A day before Chuseok holiday, I was waiting someone in the crosswalk. Crosswalk was crowded with many people because of lunch time, but someone was running toward me. I immediately noticed that's my sister. "Hey, how are you? Is everything okay?" I asked but she just smiled awhile instead of an answer. My younger sister is only 17 years old and now high school first grade. In Korea, high school period is full of stress and less self confident because of severe competition. That really frustrated student. I haven't seen her almost two months because we all lived apart from parent's home. We lived each dormitory near our school right now. I suspected she would be really hard to endure what she had faced with, but we were really glad to see each other again. I hugged her and talked to her gently as usual. At first we went to the restaurant. I assumed she won't talk to me what's difficult and how she feels. However, when I started to talk to her she seemed comfortable and easily talked about what's her situation right now.

 "I don't know what is the problem in my studying and I don't have any confidence that I can do something better. "

 "I always think parents should always believe what their children are doing, but our parents didn't understand me at all. I think they want too many things to me."

 "I used to play with my friends, but right now I had no friends except for boy friend. I don't want to make trouble with my friends especially in my dormitory room, so I used to stay alone."

 "I have a specific dream. I want to do work related to sports. I really love sports. I want to get a jog that get along with many people. And the time when I will enter the university, I'll experience whatever I want."

 She seemed confused about what she had to do and seemed lonely. She was really cheerful girl but life of competition made her exhausted in six months. I was really sorry about that and also felt I was indifferent to her. She is 5 years younger than me, so I always thought she was just a little child. I expressed how I love her, but didn't hear what problem she had faced with. However, she was grown up and had own problems about friends, work she had to do, relationship with my parents and even she had her own plan specifically. I was really surprised during this time. Actually I didn't know about her trouble and even didn't wonder about it at all. At that time I was really sorry about her.

 In the end, we were like friends. I gave her an advice about her situation right now and I also  talked about my current situation and trouble. It seemed more intimate than ever. After touring my university with drinks, we took a subway to get our home. We listened to a music together and made fun of each other like usual, but I learned something very important. We should be  great friends which understand more than other, talk more than other. I thought I had to treat her as a friend not a child.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment