Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Yunji Kim/People Watching/Thursday 1-3 PM

It seemed like she was not able to take her eyes off from her phone screen. She was not just looking at her phone, her eyes were gleaming with unbreakable concentration. She was playing a game with her phone. The game looked like it requires great concentration and fast eye movement. Her fingers were busy tapping the moving objects on the screen. The bus, the one that the woman and I were on, bumped a little but it did not even bother her. Her eyes were still fixed on the screen. A light wind from outside swished past her chin and ruffled her hair. Few strands ruffled right infront of her eyes, slightly blocking her concentrating eyes and she irritably moved them out of the way in a split second, her eyes and fingers still busy.

 

She definitely caught my attention because there were only 4 people on the bus, including me, and the other 2 were deeply asleep. But her, she never even looked out the window during her whole trip in the bus. I couldn't tell what she was wearing, because I was sitting right behind her, but I could clearly tell she has strong perfume on. Everytime the bus started after a brief stop, I could smell the scent of her perfume.

 

Along with her mobile game, she also couldn't seem to stop shaking her leg. She shook her legs so fast, it looked like they were trembling. Her busy legs and fingers moved non-stop until it was time I had to get off. I was curious about her and wished to hear her talk but she was so stuck in her own game-world and never interacted with anyone, not even a glance. After observing her, I realized she somewhat reminds me of myself on the way to school. 

2 comments:

  1. I felt like I am the 5th passenger on the bus with you and her. You had described visual facts and also scent. I surprised at that part. If sounds were also expressed on your writing, it would be the perfect sensitive work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that 147 bus? :) It is refreshing to tell about smell. And your descriptions are alive with details!

    201501670 chaeyoung son

    ReplyDelete