Saturday, October 8, 2016

Chyue/People Watching/Thursday 1-3p.m

  I see different people and different age in my daily life because I take the subway everyday to get my school. One day has nearly finished but I have to keep going the rest of my day. I got in the subway and there were lots of people than the other days because of struck. Fortunately, I got a seat when the subway had gone two more stations. I tried to sleep as usual because it takes nearly 2 hours to get back home but before I fell asleep, one of grandmom got in the subway. She is as same as the other grandma. But she is thin, pale, look so weak and has some freckles and wrinkles on her face could be known her age.I could see her gray hair, too. Perhaps, she is nearly 70 years old. She wore thin cloth like summer fashion even the weather is a bit chill at outside. She is not as tall as the other grandmom,may be I think her height is 140 cm. Then, she looked so tired and she had lots of heavy stuffs.
  At first, I also considered to offer a seat or not because she was not standing in front of me. One more thing, offering a seat to elder citizens on the subway in Korea is their culture.  But nobody offered a seat to this old grandmom because some were using their smartphones and some fell asleep and they were so many people. So they didn't recognize grandmom. I had a look to this grandmom when she was finding a seat. Finally, I decided to offer a seat to this grandmom. Even she had a lot stuffs, she denied my offering as first. I said "I will get off soon" and she said " Thank you for your kindness". But even though she sat my seat, she was uncomfortable to sit my seat and she asked me to sit beside her. I said " I am fine" and she smiled at me .
  There were getting more people passed station by station. She was concerned about me and she asked me to give my bag. She gave a bottle of vitamin and she gave back my seat before she got off. She told me thanks again and again and I also said "thanks for your treat and safe your way and finally she passed through the crowded to get off. I also felt so tired and fell asleep as soon as I sat down again my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment