Monday, October 31, 2016

LeeSooKyung/Task 4.2 & 4.4/Thursday 1-3pm

Task 4.2

  1.  Near the back of the HUFS, an imposing building called 'The hall of peace' lies on the top of Kyunghee University, which is well known for its beautiful campus. So I visited here to practice using my senses with my friend.

  2.  When I closed my eyes and sat on the stairs of the building, the sound of visitors' happiness around this building came into hearing. The voice of people passing by the most luxurious and famous building in Kyunghee University became louder and louder. The sound of people's laughter and camera shutters mingled in the air. I felt the cold wind on my face. Because of the icy wind, the stairs also so cold that I couldn't help standing up soon. The stinky smell of ginkgo fruits was wafted through the wind.

  3.  After reading my writing, I thought it would be better to add more detailed expressions. For example, to change the sentence from 'I felt the cold wind on my face' into 'I felt the cold wind on my face as if it told me the winter is coming'. The reason is that if I wrote some descriptive writings in a specific way, the readers could imagine easily, reading my essay.

Task 4.4

  1.  The high school where I went for 3 years made me unforgettable memories with my friends and teachers, so this is a valuable place for me.

  2. Sight: Tiny schoolyard, Beautiful musical fountain

    Sound: The voice of students and teachers, The sound of laughter and the school bell

    Smell: An earthy smell from flower garden, A delicious smell from the cafeteria

    Touch: A stiff chairs and desks in the classroom, A cold blackboard

 3 - 4.  I closed my eyes and tried to imagine the daily life of my high school days. When I was in high school, every time I went to the classroom, an earthy smell from flower garden was wafted through the refreshing air. With a noisy from the laughter of the students, a bell sounded for the beginning of the class rang out. I hated to sit on the stiff chair during the class and when I erased the blackboard as a weekly duty, I used to think it was always cold to clean. As the lunch time was getting close, a delicious smell from the cafeteria made me so hungry that not a word of the lecture was coming into my head.

The most beautiful place in the school was a music room. Its windows' beautiful and fragile stained glasses were luxurious enough to catch everyone's eyes. A black grand piano, a sheet music, and some musical notes were drawn on them. These colorful windows were always glittered in the sunlight. When I visited the music room at first, the interior appearance seemed like the gorgeous medieval Gothic style's building. The peaceful classic music coming from the musical fountain reached on the music room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment