Sunday, October 16, 2016

Jaeyoung Choi/ Essay Assignment/ Thursday 1-3pm

It was around this time last semester, when professors pretend that students receive no other classes but theirs and start to throw a bunch of assignments at you. I lived at a goshiwon back then, it was so cramped that the swamp of projects and exams seemed to make it feel even smaller than it already was.

One of my Ecuadorian friends, Cristina, called asking for my attending to a dinner she had planned since last week. Cristina has a round-shaped face, with beautiful light brown eyes that sometimes even seems like if they were gold color. She has a long curly hair, and even though people might be concerned about her body size, all of her being is love. I told her I was busy with all the work I was doing, and in a friendly manner she said that if for any case I changed my mind I was welcome to come. The moment I hang up with her, I couldn't stop thinking about all the work I had to do for next week. I started to frustrate with all the assignments, I could feel the stress all around my body making me feel tired and mad at the same time. And before it would attack me more, like all college students, I decided to give up. I closed my computer called my friend back and told her I was going to her place.

Her house was about ten minutes far away from mine. I walked fast because I wanted to escape as fast as possible from my house. Once I got there, there were two male unknown faces and three of my other Ecuadorian friends. During that time I had been desperately looking for a boyfriend, to be fall in love and be in a relationship. But unfortunately, both seemed ugly to me, which made me feel no interest at all around them, and somehow made the environment be more comfortable. Cristina had already served me a plate of traditional Ecuadorian food and I was fascinated of how different it was from the Guatemalans' food. We sat and talked for a while. Cristina and I had always maintained a tough love relationship. We like to joke around a lot, to the point that nobody around us can understand us. Sometimes show no care of what was happening around and keep on laughing because it was just fun to be together.

When the dinner ended, we all decided to have some drinks and get to know each other a little more. I hadn't noticed what Cristina had been trying to indirectly tell me to do all night until she literally forced me to sit beside of one of the male unknown faces. His name was Camilo and was a Korean that had been born in Ecuador just like me. He was from my second major and we had many stories in common, which made our relationship instantly just click.

Later, when the gathering was over, and both of the guys had left. Cristina rushed at me and asked me if I had liked Camilo. I told her that he seemed friendly and as soon as I said that she was already planning a second meeting with him. She is very active and passionate when it comes to boys. She encouraged me to see him next time and get to know more about him. I agreed and four days after we first saw, the second meeting had been arranged.

We met and ate chicken and beer. We decided to drink some more and later started to play games. All night I had been beside Camilo, we were able to talk more and feel more interest with each other. Cristina kept on watching me with a big smile on her face all night. After the dinner ended, Camilo said he would walk me home and once I got in my house Cristina called and wanted all the "dirty details" about what had happened. I supposed that by that she maybe had though we had kissed but, when I told her nothing happened, she got mad and kept on telling me to go for it.

 

Now, I had been in an official relationship with Camilo for six months and counting thanks to Cristina. Even though I don't see her as much as I did when I was single. We still meet every week for dinner and for drinks. We had had our ups and downs but the good thing about us is that we are direct, which means we like to keep things sincere. Whenever she feels that I am letting Camilo be the center of my world she is the one who steps in and bring my feet into the ground, but at the same time supports me in everything, literally.

She is my rock, without her I don't know if my life would be like it is now. Sometimes people might thing we are crazy when we are together, we know, that our Latino instincts are just to much for people to handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment