Monday, October 17, 2016

Lee JiWon/ Task 3.3 and 3.4/ Thursday 1-3 pm

3.3.3

Reading this essay, I could feel sad and gloomy atmosphere. It is because people feel a little down on rainy days generally, but also because of the metaphor of rain when the writer describes the man. For example, the sentence 'He acted like the rain-for days with the same speed without any interruption, like a big shower' seems like showing how dry he was and how hard he was to get close to like a big shower although the writer wanted to. I guess maybe the writer secretly loved the man but always felt lonely because of him who didn't care much about her. I think the writer's use of metaphor is effective overall but there was a sentence that really confused me such as 'Probably I will regret that there was no stop in the days of raining, just like him, who never showed me his disturbed time.' Anyway I believe using metaphor is more successful to make reader imagine of the situation than saying directly.

3.4.1

Kelly is a soft sunlight.

My parents are The Giving Tree.

My sister is a fruit in season.

My ex-boyfriend is a beat-up car.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment