Monday, October 10, 2016

Lee JiWon/ People watching/ Thursday 1-3 p.m.

201502643 Lee Ji Won

 

A man with a sleek black hair stood mum there with his hair ruffled by the breeze and the sun was shining on his light fine brown eyes. Although his hair was just tinged with gray at the sides, he looked fresh and gentle in a neatly-ironed white shirt and black trousers. Among many people, swarming in Ganjoelgot cape to play 'Pokemon Go', what made him stand out from all the other people out there was perhaps because he was with a woman in a wheelchair. While people were bustling about playing game, they looked relaxed and calm as if time stood still only for them. It was enough for me to be yielded to the somewhat peaceful influence of that middle aged couple.

Pushing slowly her wheelchair up the ramp to road cafes, he pointed out the amazingly big red mailbox named 'Wish mailbox'. He soon went inside there and so did I to write my own letter. "Hope our wishes all come true by the time these letters arrive a year later." , his voice echoed in the room. Though I couldn't exactly know what the letter is about, I could guess from his deep and sonorous voice that he is writing a letter with his heart, praying for his wife's health get well.

He put his arm around his wife's shoulders and drew her close to him. I watched his back as he passed by with a charming smile and pleasant natural scent. He made my heart filled with warmth and I had a hunch that their wish would come true. In front of the vast ocean, listening to the calm roll of breaking waves and watching him moving gradually farther away, I could imagine his past, present and future: Sincere love toward his wife.

3 comments:

  1. Your ending paragraph is very powerful. I found myself earnestly wishing for their happiness as well despite the fact that I was not even actually present in that moment. With just a little polishing it will be a great piece of writing :)

    201500568 Su Yeon Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ending of this writing:)Also, because it is well organized, I can imagine the person who you described easily.

    201502384 LeeSooKyung

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved how you put your story at the scene by specifically mentioning Pokemon Go.😂😂 I have heard and read newses about it, so it really gave me a powerful image of what the couple would look like in the excited crowd of young people. A little bit of correction in terms of grammar will make this an even more beautiful writing, in my opinion 🙂
    201501855 Jung Aa Ahn

    ReplyDelete