Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sangeun Baek/ People Watching/ Thurs 1-3 pm

She was small, looked about 8 or 9. Her hair was dyed dark brown, and tied into a ponytail with a red hairtie. She was wearing round glasses, a blue striped t-shirt and a white skirt. Her little backpack and sneakers were both white. She was sitting beside me, which meant she was waiting for a bus, or probably a car or even a person. Her feet did not reach the ground, and she was swinging her legs front and back. It seemed to be an unconscious act. She was quietly humming something, but I did not recognize the tune. She had a lollipop candy in her mouth. I thought it was strawberry-flavored, because I could smell it, sitting right next to her. She sat like that for a moment, thinking about something, then must have been bored since she took out her phone and started playing phone games. Her humming stopped. A while later, a gray car pulled over and the window opened. The driver looked out the window and called out the girl's name, but I didn't hear it clearly. She called him "dad!" and ran to the car. She really was small. The car was higher than her height. She opened the back door and got in the car, and the car left.

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine the cute girl right infront of me. I like how you described the flavor of her lollipop. It made the whole scene more realistic.

    201500705 Yunji Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your writings, I could imagine the girl vividly through only one sentence. I think you have great ability to describe the person by using specific expressions.

    201502384 LeeSooKyung

    ReplyDelete